Camping is one the best outdoor activities that brings you closer to nature as well as a break from the rush of city life. Nothing can compare the peace of camping on a great spot and have a relaxing time between nature, especially with an off-road caravan for sale or the best adventure caravan in Melbourne. But between all the camping essentials, one thing is unavoidable and always a big concern- Food! Whipping up quick and easy meals while camping can be tricky, so here are five amazing and simple camping recipes that will save you from spending the entire day cooking inside the designer caravans Melbourne.
Quick Breakfast Granola
The Quick Breakfast Granola is an easy and simple recipe that requires only five ingredients to make and tastes as delicious as any other fancy recipe.
- Oats 3 cups
- Nuts 1 cup
- Olive Oil ¼ cup
- Maple Syrup ½ cup
- Dry Fruits 1 cup
- Heat your iron cooking pan, add in the nuts and toss them in the pan.
- Toss in the oats a few seconds after the nuts.
- Cook the nuts and oats on medium slow heat till they turn light golden brown.
- Turn off the heat, and add olive oil, maple syrup into the pan. Mix it well.
- Take the granola out in a dish and add the dried fruits on top.
Eggs and Potatoes YumYum
Eggs and Potatoes are perfect for camping. This recipe is quick and very simple to make.
- Diced Potatoes 2
- Eggs (Lightly Whisked) 8
- Onion (Chopped) 1
- Butter 2 Tbspn
- Salt To taste
- Black Pepper (Crushed) To Taste
- Heat the butter in the pan. Add Potatoes and Onions in the pan when the butter melts and let it cook for about 20 minutes till, they are cooked through and are soft.
- Pour in the whisked eggs and cover the pan till the eggs are cooked.
- Add grated cheese on top if you love something a little extra.
For Pizza lovers, here’s a different recipe that you can try while you are camping which is quick to make but as tasty as the standard pizza.
- Tomato sauce
- Thick Bread Slices
- Salami/ Deli Meats
- Grated cheese
- Assemble the ingredients on the thick slice of bread just like a pizza.
- Place it over a campfire.
- The pizza will be done as soon as the cheese melts.
Sweet Potato Fries
Everyone’s favourite fries- just with a slight change of potatoes but all the more nutrition.
- Sweet Potatoes
- Garlic (Chopped) 1
- Salt To taste
- Spices of Choice (Black Pepper, Chilli Powder, Onion Powder etc)
- Cut the sweet potatoes just like fries in a bowl.
- Add Garlic, Salt and Spices to the fries and toss them well.
- Take a sheet pan covered with foil and oil it, then place it over your campfire.
- Flip them every once in a while, till they are crispy and golden.
Who doesn’t love a good casserole while camping outdoors?
- Canned Beans (Can be any)
- Minced beef
- BBQ Sauce
- Stir fry the bacon in a pan and set it aside.
- Cook the minced beef in a separate pan.
- Add the bacon into the minced beef along with the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring them to boil and simmer till it starts to give off aroma; and then serve.